Chocolate Almond Pinecones Recipe
Our Test Kitchen suggests this clever way of dressing up any winter dessert. Make these "pinecones" when you have some time, then useand reusethem on a variety of desserts...or even on a pretty plate piled with candies.
- 1 tube (7 ounces) almond paste
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Divide almond paste into six equal portions. Form each into a cone shape, about 1-1/2 in. tall and 1 in. in diameter. Beginning at the base, insert pointed end of almonds into paste to resemble a pinecone.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Insert a toothpick into bottom of each cone. Holding over bowl, spoon melted chocolate over almonds (if needed, use another toothpick to spread the chocolate to completely cover almonds). Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; let stand until firm. Yield: 6 pinecones.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Pinecones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p95
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Pinecones(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
These are easy and fun. They don't have to be perfect to look good.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >