Chocolate Almond Pie
Almonds replace pecans for a sweet and satisfying pie. The inclusion of chocolate chips makes it hard to eat just a single slice!—Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Hts., Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream and grated chocolate, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Fill with
- almonds and chocolate chips. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, brown
- sugar, corn syrup, butter, cinnamon, extracts and salt. Pour into
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 550 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium,