Almonds replace pecans for a sweet and satisfying pie. The inclusion of chocolate chips makes it hard to eat just a single slice!—Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Hts., Pennsylvania
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream and grated chocolate, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Fill with almonds and chocolate chips. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, cinnamon, extracts and salt. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p161
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review