Chocolate Almond Mousse Napoleons Recipe
The chocolate almond mousse is creamy and delicious. You can also serve it in parfait glasses with a crisp cookie.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 4 to 5 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1. Place one phyllo sheet on work surface; keep remaining phyllo sheets covered with plastic wrap and damp towel. Brush phyllo with melted butter; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Top with second phyllo sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Repeat with third phyllo sheet, butter and sugar. Cut stack into twelve 3-in. squares. Transfer stacks to a greased baking sheet, about 1 in. apart. Repeat with remaining 3 phyllo sheets, butter and sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Watch carefully. Cool on wire racks.
- 2. For filling, heat cream in a saucepan over medium heat until cream begins to simmer, about 160°; remove from the heat. Whisk in chocolate and extract until smooth; refrigerate until chilled. In a bowl, beat cream mixture until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Add enough cream to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread over 8 squares of phyllo. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips. Set aside until serving.
- 4. To serve, spread about 1/4 cup chocolate almond mousse over a square of phyllo. Add a second phyllo square and more mousse. Top with one of the glaze squares. Repeat with remaining phyllo, mousse and glazed phyllo. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC