- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter-flavored shortening, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chips or 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white chips and remaining shortening. Dip one end of each cookie in melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Roll in almonds. Place on waxed paper to firm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Logs in Country Woman November/December 2006, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2008
"these were very easy to make,and they taste great!"