Chocolate Almond Fondue
Angela Hutton shares a melt-in-your-mouth dip for fresh fruit and cake. “Since fondue has become popular again, I’ve had fun searching out recipes that are fast and especially delicious,” she writes from Kapolei, Hawaii. “This one’s a favorite and always a hit at get-togethers.”
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (4.4 ounces each), broken into small pieces
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Assorted fresh fruit and cubed pound cake
- In a heavy saucepan, heat cream over low heat until warmed. Add the
- chocolate, marshmallow creme and white chocolate; cook and stir
- until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and amaretto.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit and cake
- cubes. Yield: about 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without dippers) equals 180 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.