Angela Hutton shares a melt-in-your-mouth dip for fresh fruit and cake. “Since fondue has become popular again, I’ve had fun searching out recipes that are fast and especially delicious,” she writes from Kapolei, Hawaii. “This one’s a favorite and always a hit at get-togethers.”
Featured In: 15 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (4.4 ounces each), broken into small pieces
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted fresh fruit and cubed pound cake
- In a heavy saucepan, heat cream over low heat until warmed. Add the chocolate, marshmallow creme and white chocolate; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and amaretto. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit and cake cubes. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Fondue in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p51
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review