Chocolate Almond Dessert Recipe
Who wouldn’t love this rich and decadent finale? It’s absolutely perfect for any special occasion. —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:15 servings
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Arrange half of the cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside. In a large saucepan, whisk milk and pudding mixes. Add candy bar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- 2. Pour half of the pudding over cake cubes. Sprinkle with half of the almonds; cover and refrigerate. Transfer remaining pudding to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Arrange remaining cake cubes over dessert. Whisk chilled pudding; fold in whipped cream. Spread over top and sprinkle with remaining almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC