These fancy-looking delights are a sweet ending to a special-occasion meal. A tender crepe envelopes a rich chocolate filling. It's then topped with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a sprinkling of almonds.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate fudge ice cream topping and whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and cocoa; add cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spoon or pipe chocolate filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Drizzle with fudge topping and garnish with whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Almond Dessert Crepes in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2008, p71
Reviews for Chocolate-Almond Dessert Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review