- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in almonds and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape 2 teaspoons of dough into 2-in.-long logs. Form each into a crescent. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. If desired, sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set. Cover dipped sides of cookies with waxed paper; dust undipped sides with confectioners' sugar. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Crescents in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p68
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review