Chocolate Almond Cookies Recipe
Special occasions around our house have always been indicated by these chocolate-dipped, jam-filled cookies. They not only look appealing, they taste terrific, too.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour and almonds; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into one 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Spread 1 teaspoon jam on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to set. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 221 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC