- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon extract and remaining cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Perennial holiday dessert for our family. Pretty as a picture, and tastes as good as it looks. Very easy to make too. Highly recommend!"
"Cheesecake is the way to finish any meal! This recipe is tasty. I've changed the crust by leaving out the chocolate or using vanilla wafers for the crust."
"My family's favorite dessert recipe of all time!!"