My family enjoys a good meal, but we all save room for dessert when this cheesecake is part of the menu. Its rich chocolate flavor is so satisfying when we're craving something sweet and creamy. -Jeri Dobrowski, Beach, North Dakota
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon extract and remaining cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Cheesecake in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review