Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon extract and remaining cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Cheesecake in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review