Chocolate Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon hot water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and semisweet chocolate until blended. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; beat into chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead in almonds. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 13 slices. Place cut side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 4. Drizzle white chocolate over biscotti; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 13 cookies.
1 each: 190 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Biscotti
"Wonderful! I gave this for Christmas gifts last year, and everyone loved it!"
"Absolutely delicious-with coffee or without!"