- 40 saltines
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup broken pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup M&M's minis
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread evenly over crackers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften 2 minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with peanuts, pretzels and M&M's minis; shake pan to settle toppings into chocolate. Cool.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Chocolate, Peanut & Pretzel Toffee Crisps
"Where is the nutrition count on these?"
"This recipe is SO easy to make and is perfectly portable for an office potluck, your family Christmas gathering, or even as a sort of "alternative" trail mix. Loved the suggestion below about using graham crackers - will definitely give that a try! (Different colored M&Ms could make this a good treat for other holidays as well - red, white and pink ones for Valentine's?? Definitely on my list!)"
"What is not to love! Salty, sweet, pretzels, M&M's, chocolate, caramel......It just doesn't get better than this!"
"I used graham crackers instead of saltines and added 3/4 of heath toffee chips also. They are amazing!"