Chocolate 'N' Toffee Rice Pudding Recipe
I can't think of a more comforting dessert than this pudding. The toffee bits add a crunch to its creamy consistency. Husband Frank and I enjoy making treats like this together. It looks especially pretty layered in a parfait glass.
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 7 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, brown sugar, butter and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- 2. Spoon half of the pudding into dessert dishes. Combine the coconut, toffee bits and chocolate chips; sprinkle half over the pudding. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Top with whipped topping and cherries. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC