I can't think of a more comforting dessert than this pudding. The toffee bits add a crunch to its creamy consistency. Husband Frank and I enjoy making treats like this together. It looks especially pretty layered in a parfait glass.
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 7 maraschino cherries
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, brown sugar, butter and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Spoon half of the pudding into dessert dishes. Combine the coconut, toffee bits and chocolate chips; sprinkle half over the pudding. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Top with whipped topping and cherries. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate 'N' Toffee Rice Pudding in Country Woman May/June 2002, p31
Reviews for Chocolate 'N' Toffee Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review