- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Melted chocolate and chocolate jimmies, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half; add cocoa to one portion and mix well. Divide each portion into six pieces; shape each into a 5-in. log. Place a chocolate log and vanilla log together, pressing to form another log.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until set. Yield: 9 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate & Vanilla Spritz
Sort By :
"I was so disappointed in this recipe..my daughter and I wanted to try some cookie recipes for Christmas, so we picked this one. The taste was bland and they were very dry."
"These are a very tender cookie. The only issue I have, it only made half as many as noted. It made 52, using the same disc, and following the recipe exactly. A very tasty cookie with the almond extrac in it. :-D Will make again."