- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Melted chocolate and chocolate jimmies, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half; add cocoa to one portion and mix well. Divide each portion into six pieces; shape each into a 5-in. log. Place a chocolate log and vanilla log together, pressing to form another log.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until set. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate & Vanilla Spritz in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p118
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate & Vanilla Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review