Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas
I created this pie in tribute to Elvis, who was my favorite entertainer, and to Hershey, Pennsylvania, the town where I was born. —Penny Hawkins, Mebane, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Peanut butter cups, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom
- and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350°
- for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bananas; arrange on bottom of crust. In a microwave-safe bowl,
- combine peanut butter and chocolate; microwave on high for 1 to
- 1-1/2 minutes or until blended and smooth, stirring every 30
- seconds. Spoon over bananas.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping;
- spread over chocolate mixture. Pipe remaining whipped topping over