Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Peanut butter cups, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Slice bananas; arrange on bottom of crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate; microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until blended and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon over bananas.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over chocolate mixture. Pipe remaining whipped topping over edge. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- 4. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving. If desired, serve with cut-up peanut butter cups. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas
"I prepared this recipe for the first time. I did adjust the recipe by using 1/2 cup milk chocolate wafers with 3/4 cup peanut butter (CREAMY) in a double boiler which I stirred over boiling water on my stovetop. I just used 1 package (3.4-oz.) vanilla instant pudding, 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk and 1/2 cup evaporated milk and 1-1/4 cups thawed whipped topping. The balance of the whipped topping, I spread over the filling after chilling the pie, covered, overnight and then returned to my refrigerator to stay chilled.I used a combination of 2 cups of cut-up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with cut-up Snickers Peanut Butter Squares. I made a chocolate crust of chocolate cookie crumbs, crushed in my food processor, then I added the 1/4 cup melted margarine and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. I DID use a 400o F. oven, turned off, to set the cookie crust for 10 minutes and I'd used an 8" round layer pan since I didn't have a pie plate. (I HAD also baked the crust 8 minutes at 350o F., but I felt that I did better by setting the crust in the 400o F. oven, turned off. The layer pan DID hold more, anyway and I fit everything into the pan! I chose not to use bananas! I thought that using the cut-up peanut butter squares/cups would be more interesting! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein"
"I Made this for our Sunday dinner with the neighbors. Everyone RAVED about it and there were NO leftovers. Incredible blend of Chocolate, Peanut butter and Bananas!!!"
"Remember to thaw out the whipped topping in advance!"
"I made this for a Thanksgiving gathering and it was gone inn minutes. Everyone was begging for the recipe, this is the perfect combo of all things delicious."
"I made this for a Thanksgiving gathering and it was gone in minutes."
"A wonderful dessert, ranks up there with thebest I have ever had.Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.