- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Peanut butter cups, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bananas; arrange on bottom of crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate; microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until blended and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon over bananas.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over chocolate mixture. Pipe remaining whipped topping over edge. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving. If desired, serve with cut-up peanut butter cups. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas
"I prepared this recipe for the first time. I did adjust the recipe by using 1/2 cup milk chocolate wafers with 3/4 cup peanut butter (CREAMY) in a double boiler which I stirred over boiling water on my stovetop. I just used 1 package (3.4-oz.) vanilla instant pudding, 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk and 1/2 cup evaporated milk and 1-1/4 cups thawed whipped topping. The balance of the whipped topping, I spread over the filling after chilling the pie, covered, overnight and then returned to my refrigerator to stay chilled.I used a combination of 2 cups of cut-up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with cut-up Snickers Peanut Butter Squares. I made a chocolate crust of chocolate cookie crumbs, crushed in my food processor, then I added the 1/4 cup melted margarine and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. I DID use a 400o F. oven, turned off, to set the cookie crust for 10 minutes and I'd used an 8" round layer pan since I didn't have a pie plate. (I HAD also baked the crust 8 minutes at 350o F., but I felt that I did better by setting the crust in the 400o F. oven, turned off. The layer pan DID hold more, anyway and I fit everything into the pan! I chose not to use bananas! I thought that using the cut-up peanut butter squares/cups would be more interesting! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein"
"Remember to thaw out the whipped topping in advance!"
"I made this for a Thanksgiving gathering and it was gone inn minutes. Everyone was begging for the recipe, this is the perfect combo of all things delicious."
"I made this for a Thanksgiving gathering and it was gone in minutes."
"A wonderful dessert, ranks up there with thebest I have ever had.Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe"