- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using prepared pan. Cool brownies on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- Spread chunky peanut butter over brownies. Place chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in Rice Krispies; spread over chunky peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
"I am a chocolate lover, but these were too rich and too sweet for my taste."
"I usually love anything with peanut butte in it but this was just way too rich. Almost sickening. If I made again may try adding the peanut butter to the brownie or I may just eliminate the pb layer"
"Tried it with regular (Jif) peanut butter, but mixed it with marshmallow cr?me before spreading it over the brownie layer. YUM.."
"made these for my church yard sale and they sold out and had people asking for the recipe.These are very good and rich, so I cut mine into smaller bars. I will be making these a lot."
"The peanut butter completely overpowers the chocolate. Just not anything I would make again. I also did not use the parchment paper and had no problem removing the bars from the pan."
"The only change I will make next time is that I will skip the parchment paper. It is an unnecessary step. Great recipe, and I will definitely make again."
"I like to pack my husband's lunch and when I saw these I had to make them as his sweet treat for the week. They were super easy. I was a little disappointed the recipe called for a boxed brownie. I prefer making things from scratch. I did use the low fat brownie mix, natural peanut butter and used dark chocolate chips in this recipe. The variation in texture was very nice. The bars had a very good peanut butter and chocolate taste."
"These are so good! This is a very unique recipe. I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing!"
"Very yummy! Definitely have to use the best peanut butter you can find. I used smooth and it was great! This is a definite make-again! Thanks for the recipe!"
"This may be my new go-to dessert/treat for all occasions! Great combo of flavors, easy to make and well received by all. Got oohhhs and aahhhs from folks we shared them with. Fabulous! A serious keeper."