Satisfy your sweet tooth with the classic blend of peanut butter and chocolate. Together, the tender peanutty bar and crunchy chocolate topping are irresistible.—Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, IL
Featured In: Top 10 Chocolate Recipes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2-1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, peanut butter and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Carefully spread over the top. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Choco-Peanut Bars Deluxe in Country Woman October/November 2009, p41
Reviews for Choco-Peanut Bars Deluxe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2014
"Great! Easy! will do again"