You'll have a blast making Choco Owls to add to a Halloween treat platter. —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
12 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + standing
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Decorations of your choice: chocolate jimmies, halved miniature pretzels, candy corn, candy coating disks, Life Savers and Reese's pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir
- over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Press into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool completely.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Insert a
- lollipop stick into each cutout.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip pops into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with jimmies and add pretzels for ears. Add candy corn noses
- and use remaining candies as desired for eyes. Let stand until set.
- Yield: 1 dozen.