- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Decorations of your choice: chocolate jimmies, halved miniature pretzels, candy corn, candy coating disks, Life Savers and Reese's pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool completely.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Insert a lollipop stick into each cutout.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip pops into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with jimmies and add pretzels for ears. Add candy corn noses and use remaining candies as desired for eyes. Let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Choco Owls in Ultimate Halloween 2012 2012, p93
Reviews for Choco Owls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bars >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >