Chock-full of Fruit Snackin' Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 medium apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk the eggs, orange juice and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece: 248 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chock-full of Fruit Snackin' Cake
"I followed the recipe as written, except I did cut down on the sugar substitute -- I used about 1-1/4 cups of Splenda. This was very tasty, and I will make again."
"i modified recipe a bit i added 1/4 c of ground bran with physilum and 3/4 c ground flax, 1/2 c whole wheat flour in place of white flour, replaced oil with apple sauce, added 2 extra apples, and added tons of cranberries, blueberries and raspberries, plus 3 tsp of cinnamon..ps my fruit wasn't dried but ground in food processor...we loved it definately a keeper"