This wholesome treat is loaded with healthy ingredients, including apples, raisins, cranberries and walnut. There's plenty of flavor in every moist bite, and it comes together in minutes. —Sami Taylor of Hermiston, Oregon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 medium apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk the eggs, orange juice and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Chock-full of Fruit Snackin' Cake in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p37
Reviews for Chock-full of Fruit Snackin' Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review