Chock-Full Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 8 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup medium shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pasta; simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
After browning the ground beef and onion for Chock-full Chili, transfer to a slow cooker; add remaining ingredients except pasta. Cook on low for about 3 hours; add pasta and heat through.
1 each: 253 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 18g protein.