Chive Smashed Potatoes
No need to peel the potatoes—in fact, this is the only way we make mashed potatoes anymore. They’re chunky, tasty and attractive. And the flavored cream cheese is a delightful twist! —Beverly Norris, Evanston, Wyoming
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and bouillon in a Dutch oven and cover with 8 cups
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20
- minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, cream,
- butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).