Chive Smashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes and bouillon in a Dutch oven and cover with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup: 219 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Chive Smashed Potatoes
"Delicious recipe! I made 1/3rd a recipe for the Cook's Corner ingredient/pantry challenge. I changed just one thing using olive oil instead of butter. I made my own spreadable cream cheese by microwaving regular and adding chives. Definitely a keeper!!!"
"Yummy! This was so nice. Loved the flavoured cream cheese in it. A definite winner for us. This is certainly one of the best potato recipes I have had. Thanks for a fantastic recipe! Didn't change a thing - perfect!"
"These are pretty tasty. The only change I made was halving the recipe."
"I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a huge hit. I was told by my kids to make these from now on!"