No need to peel the potatoes—in fact, this is the only way we make mashed potatoes anymore. They’re chunky, tasty and attractive. And the flavored cream cheese is a delightful twist! —Beverly Norris, Evanston, Wyoming
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and bouillon in a Dutch oven and cover with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Chive Smashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p47
Reviews for Chive Smashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review