Every cook knows delicious carrots don't need to be disguised with lots of seasonings. Simple cook then with a bit of butter and onion, then sprinkle with chives and garlic salt for a satisfying side dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups sliced or baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium skillet, saute carrots and onion in butter for 4 minutes;
- reduce heat. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are
- tender. Toss with chives and garlic salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.