Every cook knows delicious carrots don't need to be disguised with lots of seasonings. Simple cook then with a bit of butter and onion, then sprinkle with chives and garlic salt for a satisfying side dish.
- 3 cups sliced or baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium skillet, saute carrots and onion in butter for 4 minutes; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Toss with chives and garlic salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chive Carrots in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p11
Reviews for Chive-Seasoned Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2014
"A simple recipe with a great flavor. Will definitely be making again!"
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2011
"Very delicious! My husband who is not a huge fan of vegetables even loved it and recommended I make it the next time we have company. Easy and wonderful!"