Chive Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chives.
- 2. In a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, 1/3 cup white sauce, remaining potatoes and remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chive Scalloped Potatoes
"Delicious. I used green onion tops b/c I already had some in place of chives. Serving size was perfect for my husband, myself and our 4 year old."