Chive Scalloped Potatoes
“I’d been wanting scalloped potatoes for some time, but wasn’t able to find a downsized recipe until I came across this yummy version with a hint of chives,” notes Kathleen Bailey of Penetanguishene, Ontario.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and
- mustard until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat;
- stir in chives.
- In a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the
- potatoes, 1/3 cup white sauce, remaining potatoes and remaining
- sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10
- minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.