“I’d been wanting scalloped potatoes for some time, but wasn’t able to find a downsized recipe until I came across this yummy version with a hint of chives,” notes Kathleen Bailey of Penetanguishene, Ontario.
Recommended: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chives.
- In a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, 1/3 cup white sauce, remaining potatoes and remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chive Scalloped Potatoes in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p11
Reviews forChive Scalloped Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2015
"Delicious. I used green onion tops b/c I already had some in place of chives. Serving size was perfect for my husband, myself and our 4 year old."