Chive Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
“I’d been wanting scalloped potatoes for some time, but wasn’t able to find a downsized recipe until I came across this yummy version with a hint of chives,” notes Kathleen Bailey of Penetanguishene, Ontario.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chives.
- In a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, 1/3 cup white sauce, remaining potatoes and remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chive Scalloped Potatoes in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p11
Reviews for Chive Scalloped Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >