Chive Potato Souffle Recipe
I've enjoyed cooking with herbs since I was a teenager. Chives, which are one of my favorites, enhance the flavor of this cheesy souffle.Wendy L Nickel, Kiester, Minnesota
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- Additional chives
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, sour cream, chives and salt. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into the potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chive Potato Souffle in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p41
Reviews for Chive Potato Souffle(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review