Chive-Mushroom Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place spinach in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil for 2-4 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Pour into the skillet.
- 2. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until mushrooms are tender. Add to spinach with croutons and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 117 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.