"I try to serve this rich savory soup at least once a month during our cold winters," writes Laurie Suhrke (at left with husband Paul), Plymouth, Wisconsin. "It's quick to make and has a wonderful fresh mushroom flavor."
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream and chives. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chive Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p11
Reviews for Chive Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review