"I try to serve this rich savory soup at least once a month during our cold winters," writes Laurie Suhrke (at left with husband Paul), Plymouth, Wisconsin. "It's quick to make and has a wonderful fresh mushroom flavor."
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream and chives. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chive Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p11
Reviews for Chive Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2015
"This soup was amazing! I love mushrooms, my family does not so this is the perfect proportion for just one person for two separate meals. Made it exactly as the recipe called for and plan to make it again. So glad I don't have to share. :)"