These savory muffins are chock-full of chives. They're great with a brimming bowl of soup or stew.—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine egg,
- buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.