Chive Mini Muffins
Such a savory muffin is great to serve for a brunch or as the side of a bowl of soup on a cool day. They have a wonderful oniony flavor.Patty Albright, Tooele, Utah
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the
- flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in chives. Combine the egg,
- buttermilk, sauteed onions and remaining oil; stir into flour
- mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375°
- for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 51 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.