Chive Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
Parmesan cheese forms a crispy, golden-brown coating over Mary Powell's velvety mashed potatoes. "This side dish is always on our table for special-occasion meals," she adds from Athens, Pennsylvania.
- 10 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, chives and butter; beat until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chive Mashed Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC