Chive Mashed Potato Casserole
Parmesan cheese forms a crispy, golden-brown coating over Mary Powell's velvety mashed potatoes. "This side dish is always on our table for special-occasion meals," she adds from Athens, Pennsylvania.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + freezing
- 10 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream cheese,
- chives and butter; beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.