Chive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PITA CHIPS:
- 8 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- 2. Cut each pita bread into six wedges; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, oil, salt and pepper; brush on pita wedges. Bake pitas at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve chips and vegetables with dip. Yield: 2 cups (48 chips).
2 tablespoons dip with 3 chips (calculated without vegetables): 210 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips
"This dip is amazing! I've already made it a half a dozen times. Love the homemade pita chips also."
"This dip is delicious! i would make the day before for fuller flavor. We also used as a sandwich spread and it was outstanding! i used store bought pita chips but liked pretzels the best."