Chive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PITA CHIPS:
- 8 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- 2. Cut each pita bread into six wedges; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, oil, salt and pepper; brush on pita wedges. Bake pitas at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve chips and vegetables with dip. Yield: 2 cups (48 chips).
2 tablespoons dip with 3 chips (calculated without vegetables) equals 210 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.