Chive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips Recipe
I have a massive herb garden in the summer, with an abundance of chives. This dip featuring cream cheese, veggies and pita bread works well when you have chives to use up. Make the dip 2-3 days in advance for best flavor. —Sarah C. Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PITA CHIPS:
- 8 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Cut each pita bread into six wedges; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, oil, salt and pepper; brush on pita wedges. Bake pitas at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve chips and vegetables with dip. Yield: 2 cups (48 chips).
Originally published as Chive Mascarone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p25
Reviews for Chive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2012
"This dip is delicious! i would make the day before for fuller flavor. We also used as a sandwich spread and it was outstanding! i used store bought pita chips but liked pretzels the best."