Chive Horseradish Sauce
Smoked salmon gets a delicious treatment when paired with a creamy horseradish sauce. People always compliment on it having just the right amount of "bite." —Connie Fickes, York, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Smoked salmon or lox
- Pumpernickel bread slices
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish, chives, lemon
- juice and salt. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with salmon and
- pumpernickel bread. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon (calculated without salmon and bread) equals 31 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.