Chive-Ham Brunch Bake Recipe
This recipe is a hearty dish that look as great it tastes. It has a pleasing and colorful mix of tomatoes, onions and cheese.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk ham, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in ham and tomato; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread ham mixture over the crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with chives.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 246 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC