Chive Garlic Bread
A purchased loaf of French bread get a real boost with a few simple ingredients. Garlic and chives make the savory slices irresistible. Along with lasagna or other Italian meal, we munch them until the last crumbs have vanished!—Kim Orr, West Grove, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, chives and garlic;
- spread on one side of each slice of bread. Wrap in a large piece of
- heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 145 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now