Chive Garden Rolls Recipe
I never seem to have enough of these light, flavorful rolls on hand. Folks like the subtle taste of the chives.Joanie C. Elbourn, Gardner, Massachusetts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese, oil, honey and salt. Dissolve yeast in warm water; add to egg mixture. Add wheat germ and 1-1/2 cups flour. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add chives and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; roll out to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cutter. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush tops with egg and sprinkle with onion. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chive Garden Rolls in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p44
Reviews for Chive Garden Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review