Chive Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine cucumbers and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining ingredients just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with nonfat sour cream and without salt) equals 50 calories, 27 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.