- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Chive-Cheese Corn Bread in Country August/September 1999, p51
Reviews for Chive-Cheese Corn Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review