Chive-Cheese Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chive-Cheese Corn Bread
"This was good. Not sure I liked the addition of chives. The addition of the cheddar cheese was delicious All in all good."
"Loved this cheesy cornbread! The chive addition with the sugar gave it a savory with a little sweet taste. It was great with chili!"