Chive-Cheese Corn Bread Recipe
This corn bread goes well with any main dish. The chives and sharp cheddar cheese give it a special flavor.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC